Health Psychology and Wellness Center
At the Behavioral Associates Health Psychology and Wellness Center, we combine Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with Clinical Health Psychology applications to provide an entirely unique treatment experience to meet patients’ personal health needs. In conjunction with therapy, we offer biofeedback, neurofeedback and other evidence based interventions.
Health Psychology focuses on the prevention, treatment and psychological rehabilitation of illness, while taking into consideration the interrelationship of the behavioral and physical components in overall health. Through the integration of these components, health psychology applications serve to promote and maintain healthy living.
In addition to providing individual treatment and assessment, the Center’s objectives include the strengthening of relationships between mental and physical health care providers, as well as creating educational opportunities such as workshops and informational sessions.
As advocates of integrated medicine we work closely with a team of providers leading to:
- An increase in treatment compliance
- Higher rates of medication adherence
- Decreased patient dropout rates
- Treatment updates
- Cross referrals among practitioners
Specific services provided by our team at Behavioral Associates to promote overall wellness include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to retrain faulty thinking patterns
- Biofeedback to control respiration, optimize resting heart rate and reduce muscle tension
- Neurofeedback to encourage more efficient processing and healthier brainwave patterns
- Virtual Reality Therapy to provide effective exposure therapy
Psychologically complex cases likely to benefit from an integrated approach to medicine include:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic Pain
- Heart Disease
- Weight Management
- Stress Management
- Eating Disorders
- Fears and Phobias
- Panic Disorder
Please contact Dr. Scott Lloyd at (212) 860-8500 or email email@example.com for more information about the Health Psychology and Wellness Center at Behavioral Associates.